Friday, February 29, 2008
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Oh, I'm trying so hard to find seven weird things...I suppose I should call my friends who would gladly tell me many more. It'll probably be harder to find seven others to link to...but I'll give it a go.
1. I am the former GM of the New Jersey Titans, an all female, all tackle professional football team. I loved it and had absolutely no desire to play.
2. When I was about 8 years old, my dad (Frank Vincent) took me, my sister, and some of our friends to a recording studio in NYC to record a song with Joe Pesci entitled "Can You Fix The Way I Talk For Christmas". It was about a stuttering child who couldn't say Merry Christmas. They sent the song to the local radio stations and after a few short airings, the song was banned due to some mom's complaining about its politically incorrect message. Boy have times changed.
3. I will always put things back where I found them. I might be messy in my own house, but I'll never be messy in yours.
4. I had absolutely no fear tandem skydiving, I mean NONE! I absolutely and completely loved every single second of it. That's just weird.
5. I look forward to sleeping for the sheer adventure of dreaming. I've gotten many a message during the night hour. I've also learned how to fly (without a plane of course).
6. Animals are as attracted to me as I am to them. If I could, I would live on a farm with horses, donkeys, chickens, peacocks, you name it....but, and this is a big but, BUT, I do not want to clean up after them. They should learn to clean up after themselves.
7. I pray for strangers.
Here Are The Rules
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person that tagged you.
2. Post THESE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
I have tagged 4:
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
So begins those kaleidoscopic moons and with Einstein intuitiveness, seeds greet the sun filled mornings. Their days are spent taking rides on the river of universal wisdom, every once in a while even walking on the water.
Now, seeing clearly to step on the pedagogy and over turn the money changers tables in the temple, they make room for imitations and hold them in the light, so that the potter can bring out even their authentic purpose.
The true ineffable power and presence of life living love has made it this way. The available to all banquet is filled with the Queen’s homemade soul food which causes all to be nurtured.
The platters of spiritual dynamics, the bowls of community and tolerance and standard side dishes of honor and glory with many courses of love and devotion, cause to grow despite their obscurity.
And the radiance of forgiveness and the gifts of gratitude demystify and return their magnificence, increasing awareness and strengthening centers, clarifying purposes and transforming inner demons.
Psycho spiritual resources of mythology, dreams and storytelling days are over. The prophets have spoken and the word of compassion is the depth your soul knows.
But beware, what we resist persists. The dueling dualisms are real but reenchantment is at the spiral nebula and the impetus is in place.
Friday, February 22, 2008
So the groundhog was right and six more weeks of winter is what we'll be expecting here in New Jersey. But wait, my fig tree in the garage is blooming and right outside the garage door there is more than six inches of snow...what's happening?
Oh well, better keep warm and keep positive. Spring is right around the corner. Maybe then Mohito will venture past the front door. Maybe not.
My neighborhood digging out...
Thursday, February 21, 2008
We’re not safe they say
But we are safer - wait - I’m confused
Perhaps we’ve been infiltrated from the inside out
From top to bottom, from the White House to the Refineries
Like we knew we would be because everyone’s got their Judas
Starting with the King
Why shouldn’t the first kiss come from the first family
It makes too much sense
This hypocrisy that is ours
At least the first Judas hung himself
When he realized his blood soaked hands
But our troops are still dying
And this leader pleads for just a few more coins
To bury in the first bunker in case of a real terror threat
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
She’s always looking for deeper meaning
Like when she gets split ends
She runs to the church instead of to the drug store
Partly because her hair is dry
And partly because transmissions between she and God are sometimes frayed
She’ll tell you there are no coincidences
Like when the Rosary Beads keep coming in the mail
from the Franciscan Priests
She knows they couldn’t possibly all be for her
So she waits for God to tell her who they belong to
And He tells her, like only God can
With no randomness and with a very clear voice
And when the light turns green and she goes
She tries really hard to keep the connection
She moves forward trying new directions
Like the one she went in last night in her dreams
Which she tells you is a message from Him and not
The smores she ate before she went to bed
She’ll tell you her faith is like that sometimes
It's stronger in some places and weaker in others
But she somehow manages to hold it all together
Like the unseen Holy mortar in between the prayers at the Wailing Wall
She is in constant prayer
Trying fervently to increase her faith
She’ll tell you that faith comes by hearing
But she doesn’t realize that right now the music in her head
is playing way too loud
She can’t make out the words
So she relies on her intuition
Which always makes the signal come in clearer