Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Seven Weird Things About Me...























Oh, I'm trying so hard to find seven weird things...I suppose I should call my friends who would gladly tell me many more. It'll probably be harder to find seven others to link to...but I'll give it a go.



1. I am the former GM of the New Jersey Titans, an all female, all tackle professional football team. I loved it and had absolutely no desire to play.



2. When I was about 8 years old, my dad (Frank Vincent) took me, my sister, and some of our friends to a recording studio in NYC to record a song with Joe Pesci entitled "Can You Fix The Way I Talk For Christmas". It was about a stuttering child who couldn't say Merry Christmas. They sent the song to the local radio stations and after a few short airings, the song was banned due to some mom's complaining about its politically incorrect message. Boy have times changed.


3. I will always put things back where I found them. I might be messy in my own house, but I'll never be messy in yours.

4. I had absolutely no fear tandem skydiving, I mean NONE! I absolutely and completely loved every single second of it. That's just weird.



















5. I look forward to sleeping for the sheer adventure of dreaming. I've gotten many a message during the night hour. I've also learned how to fly (without a plane of course).


6. Animals are as attracted to me as I am to them. If I could, I would live on a farm with horses, donkeys, chickens, peacocks, you name it....but, and this is a big but, BUT, I do not want to clean up after them. They should learn to clean up after themselves.


7. I pray for strangers.


Here Are The Rules

1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person that tagged you.

2. Post THESE RULES on your blog.

3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.

4. Tag 7 people and link to them.

5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

I have tagged 4:

http://addiezinone.blogspot.com/

http://www.darnishia.com/index.html

http://renieburghardtsworld.blogspot.com/

http://helene-deroubaix.blogspot.com/

http://drunkwithbarley.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Niall young said...

What an interesting person you appear to be Maria!..Thank you for calling over at my blog...I will read more of yours too...

Hélène Deroubaix said...

funny that you've tagged me as I don't know you at all:)
I am surprised!
but always nice to meet new interesting bloggers.

I am a messy woman too but I can be messy at others well at my parents for instance:)but I wish I could improve that really terrible thing in me, that big disorganised mind, I dream of feng shui( laughing)

It's hilarious when you see my art room:)

Feng shui wont be a reality anytime soon but who knows?

I am like you for the dream hours, I love sleephood and I am so sad for the ones who can't remember their dreams and all the teaching and experiences in them.
so much to learn!

I love animals too and yes why not a farm, well I love farms for the big wide space they offer and to be in the countryside for I love cities only if I travel,to visit things, galleries ,museums, to go to movies or to the restaurant
but I need nature

I pray for strangers too

In fact it's even weirder almost silly, but anytime I see someone in the streets that looks tired,gloomy,sad or that I feel there is something wrong,they are old,poor or sick and I try to connect my energies to their soul to give them something.

I am silly enough to believe I can share my good energies with them.
but I do believe we can link our spirit to others, sometimes they won't allow us to enter because they refuse help.

well let me find any other weird thing about me?

most of my soulmate friends live miles away and I wonder why it has to always happen like this?
I am comforted by other friends who too have their best friends in other countries.

I live in English , yes that's weird but since I moved in with my boyfriend in late 2003 I just had contact with mostly english speaking people and I began blogging in English because I would never meet anyone interesting in French, that almost scared me with time.
I miss my language a lot so I still write a blog in French from time to time but I imagine if I wanted to publish a book I would rather do it in English and yet I am surely better at my mother tongue.

When I was 18 I only wanted to live in the Usa and I thought I'd end up marrying an American:)
I felt drawn by this country for the space, the different landscapes, many things
I have just been twice there and I truly loved it so much.

but the politic there, the care insurance and the death penalty and many other things about America would scare me too much now.
I still would love to travel there again

well that was long enough,sorry not to follow the rules :)
thank you for tagging me!

enjoy your day

Maria Lynn Gattuso said...

Helene, thanks for playing along. So glad you stopped by. America thankfully is still the land of the free and if you were to live here, you really wouldn't have to worry about the death penalty - unless you were planning on becoming a mass murderer or something. Our Presidential election is coming up soon - have you heard anything about whose running? Hilary Clinton or Barack Obama? I think if either of them are elected, America would be much better off than it is now.....

As for your energy travelling into someone else's for healing purposes...that is an absolute as far as I'm concerned. Your/Our thoughts affect each other, affect the world. We are all one energy afterall - it's just that some are stronger than others. : )

Hélène Deroubaix said...

Maria

yes I've heard about the election and I guess so that America will feel better with these people though I do not have any more faith in politics anymore.
we need that not to have anarchy but really I see the mess in my own country and I don't believe in politics.
all bullshits, no one wants to help the poor, the struggling youngsters etc.
It's very sad.

sometimes I truly want to flee our societies like some kind of bohemian gypsy:)I would go to a buddhist temple or become a monk in Nepal to live from purification and meditation:))
I am kidding but these things help me more than thinking about politics.

yes you're right about death penalty!
but still I can not stand this idea of killing another person and to chose that this person does not deserve to live.
I understand many points about this.
but murder is murder and something difficult for me. Except on Dexter tv show :D

we're all one energy?
well sometimes I think so.
this oneness of humanity,and our energy , the sharing, the pay it forward, the spreading loving kindness...I guess we feel much better when in harmony, in connection to everything and everyone, a lot more positive energies are circulating inside and outside us...

have a nice day!