Monday, November 24, 2008

Cedar Grove Superbowl Champions

Cedar Grove would go on win the game 25 to 15

I am so proud of my husband Jimmy and the Cedar Grove Panthers who won their Superbowl of Championships yesterday afternoon on another brisk 29 degree day.

They lost earlier in the season to undefeated Livingston and came back to beat them 25-15 for the Championship. That's what I'm talking about.

Coach Jim and the CG Panthers

It has been a long football season for the Cedar Grove Football team, the coaches and their respective family members. These Coaches put so much time and effort into developing these young minds for competition. It's so nice to see everyone who participated reap the reward of Championship at the end of their journey.

Although, we all know for most it is just the beginning.

The whole crew. Lots of happy #1's : )

Everyone sacrificed. Everyone put their time in.

Everyone. But one stands out to me more than the rest.

My husband.

Jimmy was born to coach football. More importantly, he was born to coach young minds. It's in his blood. He absolutely loves the chess-like competition. For him, this is not your regular game of football. There are plays and then there are plays.

I've watched Cedar Grove do things that nobody else is doing on the field. The same old offense is met with new, dynamic defense and the match is on. The same old defense is met with new, outside the box offense and the game is won.

They win championships, they don't just play the game.

I remember when Jim first met with the team. He came home and sighed and said "I don't know about this year Ree". "This year", he said "might really be a challenge".

They're all challenges Coach.

But they've already won, 'cause they got you. And so do I.

Congratulations on your good works my love. The proof is in the fruit.

Love, your biggest fan.

Me, warming up at half time.


Here are two videos.

The final seconds of the game and

the Panthers, the Coaches and the Championship Trophy


1 comment:

Lisa Sargese said...

Woo hoo!! Way to go Cuz!! I'm so proud :-)