Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Capsule in Time

Our friends are flying in from North Carolina as I type but I HAD to get this posted.

It's not like I have the time, but I have the will.

So far, the computer gremlins are still sleeping so it looks like I may get this done.

I recently found our family's old home movies that our Poppy put together.

Thank God Poppy had the foresight and the technical savvy to pull this off.

He took videos where ever we were growing up; birthdays, communions, Thanksgivings, etc. Any family function just about and Poppy was there with his camera.

The downside? Really the wasn't one.

Sure the light on the top of the camera would burn your retina faster than you can say cheese - but we tolerated it and I'm glad we did.

The video tape is a couple of hours long. It's precious and I cried like a baby at my most recent viewing and then I thought . . . I've got to video blog about this.

Thanksgiving is coming up and November has always been a sad month for this family as it seems that most of us cross over around this time of year...I don't think we much like the winter.

To my family (here and there) I say, I will always love you and I am proud to be yours.

And to you, whoever you may be, I hope you enjoy this small video capsule in time of my family back 'in the day'.

P.S. I'm the little one flitting about ... I was a pretty happy kid. Still am.

1 comment:

Lisa Sargese said...

You haven't changed much, Ri Ra. You're still a flittingly free spirit who loves and is beautiful! Glad to be part of your family now.