Thursday, January 22, 2009

Peel Back Some Layers


This post should be a little lighter than my last. I feel lighter anyway. The drugs are slowly leaving my body and being replaced with, well, nothing.

That's a great feeling. I'm not taking anything except an inhaler twice a day to keep my asthma in check. Truthfully, I'm thinking I don't even need that anymore. Perhaps my pulminologist will agree when I see him again next month.

As for the rest of me - and there certainly is a lot more than meets the eye....I'm better.

I posted that I didn't pray the other day except for the praying along with the inauguration. That wasn't entirely true. I did pray later in the day. I prayed and I meditated. I did yesterday as well and I'm planning on it again today.

Prayer for me is a constant for the most part. Unless I get in my own way. It really changes everything. I've known that for forever but it seems that when I need it the most sometimes, I can't bring myself to do it. Eventually I do - but sometimes there's a bit of resistance.

It's only when I push through that feeling that the rewards are waiting for me.

Meditation is also that way....and while prayer is more about asking and seeking, meditation is all about listening. You have to listen for the answers and I'm never disappointed. God speaks to my heart through all sorts of things and meditation is definitely one of them.

Reiki is also something I've not given enough credence to lately here in my postings. I do Reiki everyday on everything. It's a mindset and from what I've been taught - the stirrings that come from within are definitely as a result of Reiki as well as prayer and meditation. All of these things combined have a cause and effect.

Now, you may or may not believe that...that's okay. I can only speak for myself. But suffice to say I am not the same person I was before I took my first Reiki certification. And, I am equally different since taking my second.

I am preparing myself for my third which I'm planning as soon as perhaps next week and I'll pursue my final certification "Reiki Master Teacher" soon after that. The last one takes several months. I'd imagine that by the time I finish the last one, I will officially be able to walk on water lol!

Seriously, it changes everything. For those that have no concept or limited beliefs, just go and get a Reiki treatment and see for yourself....or pray and meditate for that matter. Cause and effect.

The ripples in the lake are there if you just push your finger past the surface. Sure you can stay on the waters edge and never, ever get wet - or you can jump in feet first and just as John the Baptist baptised Jesus, you too can get bathed in that light.

Light, as it turns out, lives in Reiki, prayer and meditation. You can see it. You can feel it. It is more than your flesh and blood. It is more than your mind. It is all about your spirit.

Unfortunately some human beings lose sight of this because of our mortal bodies. Our bodies are loud and cumbersome. They take up a lot of space and time. They complain, they groan, they gloat, they shamelessly think they are important and yes, some bodies are....but most are not. Our bodies are vehicles for our spirits. To pay more attention to the body and forgo the spirit - well, that's just ego and can be very scary.

I'm always talking about spirit which is always the opposite. Christianity for one, teaches to suppress the bodies constant whining about needing this or that. Discipline is the answer to that. Saying no is also the answer. When my spirit is too weak to pray - I know I've crossed over into the human realm and that's when I need to start pedaling back. Back to spirit. It's always at that point that I am reassured and my clay pot is filled to overflowing. But, the opposite of that is also true - if I resist I will empty out my vessel as quick as the blink of an eye. Sure there is a surplus, but it's our daily bread that feeds us...not the loaf in the freezer.

I guess that's why there are days. Days symbolically represent our lives so fully. Every day is a new beginning. There is a sunrise and sunset and all glorious moments in between. Choices live in these days. Choices to seek out the spirit, to suppress the bodies groaning and to give Glory to the One who has placed you here ever so gently.

Life is hard. Illness is awful. But, we have a plethora of resources to help us through. Let us never forget that. You are not alone in your suffering or your joy for that matter....they go hand in hand. I'm learning that all things - the blessings and the struggles - work together for the good of those that love Him. He is the creator of your life. Loving Him has it's merits, benefits and rewards, make no mistake.

As for me and my house, we will worship the Lord, today and every day.

No comments: