Friday, January 9, 2009

Emotional Rescue?

What I am to be I'm not sure of. What I am right now is recovering from an acute asthmatic attack that has gripped my soul. I feel as if I'm not living my authentic life.

How could I possibly if such sickness is manifesting in my body?

Am I overreacting to disappointment? Am I just physically sick?

No. I don't believe that.

I know that I can trace back this attack.

I know when it started.

I know when it got so severe that it almost choked me to death. I know that I almost allowed that to happen.

My Dr. told me to go to the ER and I didn't listen. I suffered one more day and night and then I went. I received 8 bronchial treatments and was sent home only to have another attack.

I went on to see two more Dr's (one a pulminologist) and finally I'm getting relief today (steroids, antibiotics, xanax for anxiety). This saga began on New Year's Day.

Why? For what?

I know I was waiting for an emotional rescue that didn't come.

You know, we can only save ourselves from ourselves. Nothing else matters.

I pray that God will continue to give me strength to see through the dense fog and that I would be brave enough to choose to see clearly.

You know what I mean?

Today I have some breath in my lungs and for that I'm grateful. I have more medicine in me than I can ever remember having.

My heart is heavy for other reasons as well, namely my Mom having to have another heart procedure to replace her stent put in only 10 months ago. That was today. She's recovering alone in the hospital. I was unable to be by her side because of this illness. That's unacceptable to me. I've got to make some changes.

On a really positive note, Cousin Lisa has invited me to a few more Universities to give Reiki lectures. So there is light. There is hope. There is a future for me in the light. I am drawn to it and I am running like my feet are on fire.

This is a short life. I must live it, not only for myself but for all of you that support me. Keep me in your prayers as you are all in mine.


Blessings, Light & Namaste

2 comments:

Lisa Sargese said...

My Ria, I had no idea it meant so much to you to be able to guest lecture in my lil' classes (and one big one of 100 kids!). I'll have to come see you this week with their praise and feedback on your talk :-). You are on the authentic path because getting sick is what happens when you stir up all the old sedentary dust that clogs up our emotional and spiritual attics. When you clean out the old crap there is bound to be a sh#t storm before the sun can come out and shine on a clean landscape. You are doing everything right. You will get through this. This illness is a temporary mess that you will conquer and come out stronger afterward. Let the anger OUT so it can no longer live in your tender lungs. Write, stomp, yell loudly in your car with music blasting, punch the air...praise God for creating your miraculous body that will fight and win!!! I will pray for your Momma.

Maria Lynn Gattuso said...

Thank you Lisa. You didn't know? Sure you did. You are a godsend.

I adore you.