Monday, July 7, 2008

One Drum One Life



I've always danced to the beat of my own drum. I've always been slightly different than the rest of my friends. I have a tendency to be deep and go deeper still. Not everyone appreciates this and that's okay.

I don't appreciate shallowness so I guess we're even or at least balanced. What's the lyric from the band Jars of Clay (one of my favs)?

"Blessed are the shallow for depth they'll never find".

I search for depth. I search for meaning. I search for truth. I seek righteousness. I seek love. I seek to understand and to be patient. I mostly seek God and I must say, I've never been disappointed for He has met me more than half way.

But I understand why some don't dare search for deeper meaning. It gets sticky. It's not easy. It's not easy to look directly at yourself, scars and all. It's awful sometimes. We can be so human. We fall. We crawl. We scrape. We hide.

Again, quoting Jars of Clay


"If I were not so weak, if I were not so cold, if I were
not so scared of being broken growing old, I would be . . . frail".


Wow. That's so deep and awesome. Think about that. All the things we want to be in this lifetime - we can be all of them - yet we're still frail.

Perhaps that's the blessed message of love. You are frail. You cannot live this life without the Holy Intercession of God. Well, you can try, but depth you'll never find.

All knowing God still puts breath in your lungs every morning. He puts love in your heart and intellect in your brains and strength in your bodies for many reasons. Mostly His own.

Go deeper if you want to find the real purpose in your life. While there is still time and breath in your lungs, go deeper still.



No comments: