Saturday, April 18, 2009

Photography & Springtime Gratitude

(Photo taken by me...AC/NJ)

Today was a beautiful day and I am taking a minute to express how very grateful I am for it. Thank you God.

(Photo taken by me AC/NJ)

I wonder and I hope I'm not the only one, am I the only one? The only one bursting with joy? Thank you joy!

Seriously, I can't look out the window and not be grateful. I am so very grateful for even the smallest things...and no things at all. I am grateful for all things in between. I think I drove my husband nuts today. I think I did, but when I asked him, he just smiled and said no. No. He gets me after fourteen years. Lonnnng exhhhhale. I suppose he better.

Thank you Jimmy.

I found myself so appreciative for even the littlest things today. I saw an ant, a few bees, a dandelion...the first of 09 and was elated! I associated them with Spring and it was all good. I saw lots of budding plants, flowers, bushes, trees, birds, ducks. The breeze was warm with not a hint of a chill. Our cats were outside rolling around in the sunshine all day. They were filthy from rolling in the grass and sand and they had twigs and pine needles in their fur and it was awesome. A day well spent.

There was lots to be the ultimate observer about and even more to be grateful for.


(Photo taken by me from window in my Reiki Room)

God.

God is great.

C'mon....who else can produce a sunset like this?

A feeling like this?

Gratitude like this.

We are all but a twinkling in His eye,
we are all but His reflection.


I haven't missed a sunset in a while now and I'm not planning on missing any in the future. I am purposefully slowing down for them. Jim and I are stopping whatever were doing and spending a few minutes....we're basking in the light of the setting sun, deliberately, together marveling at it's magnificent brilliance, offering prayers of gratitude and appreciation to the Most High God.
So very thankful. Besides, the mornings offer even more to be grateful for, and truthfully, from my innermost being, I, for one, cannot wait.

(photo taken by MP this morning - our neighborhood)
What are you thankful for?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all your pictures...beautiful....and I am thankful for alot of things...

Erin Levine said...

Maria,
I attended your lecture at Montclair State University yesterday and my, oh, my. It quite possibly changed my entire outlook on my life.
I have been interested in Reiki beginning in June when my mentor admitted to me that he was a Reiki Master and that if I worked on myself spiritually then I would be able to practice Reiki.
He had emailed me a few weeks ago and stated that he believes that I am able to practice, hence why I was incredibly intrigued by your class.

Yesterday when we were all sitting there and throwing this energy around at one another, the only thing that I could feel was love. Pure love surging through me. It was almost difficult to toss the energy back to everyone else because I was being bombarded by all this energy! :) Nothing wrong with that!

I felt so calm and so at ease, but as soon as I stood up and started walking back to my dorm, this intense energy was running through me. I could feel it particularly in my hands, so much that I wanted to shake it out. Perhaps this is my mind just playing tricks on me, but damn. It felt real as anything.

I took a brief nap and when I woke, I just felt like a new person the rest of the evening without any form of attunement. Calm, relaxed, centered, peaceful, contemplative. Things that I haven't felt in months.
I sat in my dorm's lounge and watched the storm that was passing through and meditated focusing on just the emotions I was experiencing and hoping to enhance them with the exercise that we practiced earlier that day.

I apologize for the incredibly long story, but I just felt the need to tell you.
Thank you so much for your inspiration and I am looking forward to attending your future speeches.

I would love to keep in contact with you to see where you are speaking or performing Reiki. My email address is whyhelloheart@gmail.com.

Thank you again, Maria.
Have a great day!
-Erin Levine

Maria Lynn Gattuso said...

Erin,

Thank you so very much for your kind words and for atttending yesterday. I was thrilled by the turnout as well as the opportunity.

I hope you pursue Reiki. The world truly needs you. I will keep in touch and please feel free to contact me anytime.

Much More Love and light,
Maria

Maria Lynn Gattuso said...

Thanks Anonymous. : )