Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Am A Reiki Master


Friday I became a Reiki Master and while that title states that I am a 'Master' now, I still have a lot to learn. I consider myself a student of life and if that's true, you're never done learning.


My experience with my teacher was one of peace and instruction and very positive energy. She told me that I may experience a detoxing as with any of the attunements. After the first two attunements, Reiki I and II, I did experience a lot of emotional issues that surfaced, or resurfaced. Things that I thought I had dealt with came back to the forefront of my mind in a big way. I also had some physical manifestations that led to some major surgery.

It forced my hand somewhat in that I don't believe I truly dealt with some major issues in my life. We have a tendency to push things down and to try and forget them or 'get over it' like I've been told to do many times, but that doesn't work.

Pushing emotional issues or trauma 'down' only brings it back in another way. Stress will manifest itself in your body. Perhaps in a way that is most uncomfortable. Stress can manifest in anger, in mistrust of others, in illness, in self medicating, in overall malaise and a 'putting up a front' sort of personality. Alot of people are like that. They have two sides to them. They put on a smile when they really want to wring someones neck. So they act out in many different ways - but they never face their problems head on.


I was like that for a long time and it did not make me happy or healthy.


I'm not exactly sure what to expect after this Reiki Master attunement but I can tell you this much. I am not who I used to be. What I Am To Be I am still becoming.

I embrace change and I embrace the cleansing process. In an effort to help others, I must first help myself. So, that being said, it's my time to shine. Regardless of the aftermath. No one's life is more important than mine. I have a right to be my authentic self, to live my authentic life and to speak MY truth.

And, I have a funny feeling that MY TRUTH is going to help a lot of people.
Regardless of your spiritual beliefs and background, Reiki can help you overcome trauma, past hurts and offenses, drug abuse, you name it. It can help you to heal and to live a better life.

So far, I have three lectures scheduled for the next couple of months;
  • The National Guild of Hypnotists - Northern New Jersey Chapter - March 11, 2009;
  • Montclair State University Peace Conference - March 30, 2009; and
  • Bergen Community College - Women in Religion - April 29, 2009.
How's that for manifesting some major change? I couldn't be more humble or proud at the same time.

My topics will cover overcoming trauma, past offenses and hurts, healing, and of course how Reiki helps with all of that.

If you have a speaking opportunity that you would like me to consider, please reach out and let me know.


Reiki Master! Who knew?

No comments: