Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Out of these Ashes Rise

 phoenix3theo_zpsf0b731b3.jpg photo

Today I had my follow up mammography since having biopsies and lumpectomies in early Spring, and completing radiation treatment this past Summer.  I'm happy to report Dr. Gross saw absolutely nothing new to be concerned with, he could see the changes from the surgeries of course, but everything else looks great.  He even said I looked great!  I feel great and that makes me smile.

We both had a nice laugh during our consultation, as we hugged my earring got stuck to his eyeglasses - two times we tried to separate and couldn't.  To my tickled relief, it gave way on our third attempt.  It was great.  We both had a very light hearted moment to delight in especially since he was imparting much better news to me this time around.  I appreciate Dr. Gross and all he's done for me.  I thanked him for saving my life.  Exchanging a hope filled hug seemed more than appropriate and I look forward to future celebratory hugs with him yearly or in 6 months, depending on when my surgeon decides I will go back.  I see Dr. Brinkman next week to discuss tamoxifen and all that I've been through - the diagnosis, the treatment, most importantly my healing results and prognosis going forward.

I am so very humbly blessed as I rise from these ashes knowing full well how much worse it could have been.  Thank you God for your divine mercy and plan for my life, no matter how much I get in your way, I will rise.

No comments: