Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We are the Flowers of One Garden


Just gave back to back lectures at Bergen Community College, and I thought yesterday was a great day. I can not express how sweet it is for me to be able to share Reiki with these young, beautiful minds. It is a blessing to sow these humble seeds. I am very grateful.

And, I don't know about you, but I am so in love with this life and working towards figuring out some divine mysteries like... Angels themselves, l i f e in general for a spiritual being having a human experience, enlightenment, consciousness and intention, a deeper walk with God, healing that really helps people on all levels, the Light of God, deep love - the very love of God, compassion for others, and forgiveness or as Buddha would say - forget-ness, just to name a few. Reiki is and has been a very useful tool to use in the effort to help elevate and ascend humankind in some of these ways...oh, and I help myself as well. The light of Reiki - the Universal Life Force Energy of Reiki - which comes from our creator - permeates everything. It makes paths where once there were blockages and can therefore, make room for truth, light, and endless possibilities. After all, we live in a world filled with a sea of potential. If we could only imagine it...then perhaps we could see it and it could exist.
Angels lie in waiting for such happenings.
And, I have other ways that I want to help humankind. I really love this planet and all the life on it. I can't walk through my local park without wanting to cry sometimes from the sheer beauty of it and it's just a local park. Nature, plants, animals, the ocean and sea creatures - birds...all of it. It is a gift from God and in an effort to honor that gift I try not to litter and waste energy, I shut lights and utilities off when I'm not using them, I recycle and try really hard not to waste food.

Trust me though, I have a long way to go. The lease on our SUV isn't up for another two years so....that one will have to wait. But I am mindful of at least trying.

Which brings me to Kiribati. A very small sliver if of an island on the other side of the planet in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. It's existence is in peril, the sea level is rising due to climate changes (whether you believe in global warming or not). They are struggling to keep their homes, their lives and their heritage.

Imagine not being able to continue in your quest for life because the ocean was going to consume your home, your property, your neighborhood. Forever. This is not a flood that subsides. There is no where to go. There is no higher ground. Imagine that? I can't (I have had nightmares about it though - I pray they're not prophetic). They say in 40 years Kiribati may be completely gone. Perhaps sooner.

And we think we have problems.

Those poor people --- right?

Wrong!

We are those poor people. We couldn't possibly think that their plight doesn't directly effect us or vice versa. Here in New Jersey I am just a stones throw away from what we call 'pharmaceutical row' and then there are nearby chemical plants of some kind, fuel tanks tucked in, and landfills. We've got it all and all of this

... could this be causing the people of Kiribati to be the first in a long line of possible extinction?

Really? That is scary.

We are the stewards of this planet and we have the power to change our minds, change our lives, change our government, change our policies. We can make changes that prevent these things from happening. We must do our part.

Like Roz Savage. She is trying to become to first woman to row solo across the Pacific Ocean in an effort to bring recognition to global warming. That's amazing! She's sailing solo - across the ocean - in a sail boat. God speed Roz!

She has inspired me to post this video and to think about more ways in which I can cut back my contributions to this epidemic. I hope it does the same for you. God bless these people. God bless this planet.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

punctuation

Maria Lynn Gattuso said...

Dear Anonymous Student,

I say student because I have a feeling that is what you are...perhaps 20 something years younger than me?

Thank you for your comment and for stopping by to read my blog. Perhaps I've forgotten more about grammar and punctuation than you've just recently learned but this much I know. You do not type in complete sentences. I think this is what you were trying to say.

Grammar.

Punctuation.

I think. LOL. I mean if you're going to make a point of grammar and punctuation, you should probably use it properly yourself. It would have a much bigger impact. : D

And please, don't get caught up in the words...just try and hear the message. God loves you even if you don't believe. And so do I. Did I type that correctly? Perhaps you can be my editor.

Much love and light to you and yours. OM Namah Shivaya.