Friday, May 1, 2009

We Belong To The Beloved

Tree From Seed, Spring 2009
Photo Taken by me

"Silence is the great teacher,
and to learn its lessons you must pay attention to it.
There is no substitute for the creative inspiration,
knowledge, and stability that come from knowing
how to contact your core of inner silence.
The great Sufi poet Rumi wrote,

'Only let the moving waters calm down,
and the sun and moon will be reflected
on the surface of your being."
Deepak Chopra


I love being a student of life. I love all the delicious information that stokes my fire. I've stopped wondering why I am the way I am and I've learned to embrace it. I've learned to love myself. It's definitely different. I was used to dismissing myself or ignoring my heart or denying myself. That just made me frustrated and then I became a frustration to others getting the exact opposite of what I really wanted deep down inside. When we start to realize that we reap what we sow, we start to become more mindful of what we're sowing.

For instance, if I start my day before I even get out of bed with an attitude of indifference or worse, an attitude of dread, the day will be spent sending subliminal messages to the universe that this is going to be one of the worst days of my life. So, the universe obliges me and as soon as I get out of bed, the drama begins. I begin to orchestrate the worst day of my life unconsciously. I haven't realized yet that the words that I repeat to myself on a daily basis are like seeds to the dirt of the day. First I choose them, then I plant them, the universe waters them and I wind up with a crop load of "I'm always late", "things never go right for me", "I always burn the coffee", "my boss can't stand me and I'll probably get fired today", "my kids are always sick", "my car never starts", "I never get a parking space", "I always get migraines on Tuesdays"....

The opposite of that is also true. If I start my day with conscious intention and gratitude the rest seems to fall into place. When I'm grateful for my life I want to live it better. I want to live it fuller. I want to be expecting a positive report for all of my hard work and effort.

The following is a transcript of part of an interview with Dr. Joe Dispenza in What the BLEEP Do We Know! If you've not seen this film yet, please check it out.

"I wake up in the morning and I consciously create my day the way I want it to happen. Now sometimes, because my mind is examining all the things that I need to get done, it takes me a little bit to settle down and get to the point of where I'm actually intentionally creating my day. But here's the thing: When I create my day and out of nowhere little things happen that are so unexplainable, I know that they are the process or the result of my creation. And the more I do that, the more I build a neural net in my brain that I accept that that's possible. (This) gives me the power and the incentive to do it the next day.

"So if we're consciously designing our destiny, and if we're consciously from a spiritual standpoint throwing in with the idea that our thoughts can affect our reality or affect our life -- because reality equals life -- then I have this little pact that I have when I create my day. I say, 'I'm taking this time to create my day and I'm infecting the quantum field. Now if (it) is in fact the observer's watching me the whole time that I'm doing this and there is a spiritual aspect to myself, then show me a sign today that you paid attention to any one of these things that I created, and bring them in a way that I won't expect, so I'm as surprised at my ability to be able to experience these things. And make it so that I have no doubt that it's come from you,' and so I live my life, in a sense, all day long thinking about being a genius or thinking about being the glory and the power of God or thinking about being unconditional love.

"I'll use living as a genius, for example. And as I do that during parts of the day, I'll have thoughts that are so amazing, that cause a chill in my physical body, that have come from nowhere. But then I remember that that thought has an associated energy that's produced an effect in my physical body. Now that's a subjective experience, but the truth is is that I don't think that unless I was creating my day to have unlimited thought, that that thought would come."

So tomorrow, when you rise in the morning stop, take a few minutes with conscious intention to plan your day. Please, plan it with positive thoughts. Skip the negative at all costs. Get into the habit of living consciously and see what changes after a day, a week, a month. See if you or your friends and relatives notice a change in you. When you set about your life with deliberate convictions of the positive kind, you will very likely be pleased with your results. It takes practice so don't give up. If you have been a pessimistic person, you will need to retrain your brain. But the good news is that if you're just discovering this about yourself, you can begin to change and ultimately your life will manifest the change you want to see.

We are way more powerful than we think we are. Our thoughts are way more powerful than we think they are. Thankfully, the universe knows this and is still affording us time to change our thinking for the better.

This clip is of a work by one of my favorite poets, Jalaluddin Rumi.




This clip is from one of my favorite teachers, Deepak Chopra.




No comments: