Friday, January 18, 2008

"This Is The Day That The Lord Has Made..."

Photo Taken by Maria



...I will rejoice and be glad in it". This is one of my most favorite scriptures, to date. I have a lot of favorites, but when my eyes open in the morning, this is the one I hear. It doesn't matter what I've got planned for the day (or what the day has planned for me) - I will rejoice!

For me, rejoicing is always a choice and a state of mind. As is peace. I have both. I didn't always and sometimes I do get miserable, but for the most part I am a very positive, hopeful, expectant being. I've learned to lay it all down. Take all of my worries, concerns and fears and give them to the One who has light burdens and an easy yoke. I believe that He hears me, answers me and cares for me. And, 'if HE be for me, who can be against me'?

No one. So it, whatever IT is, IT really doesn't matter.

Life has proven to me that God is the caretaker and lover of His people. When His people ask Him for anything, He hears them. I know. God has heard every one of my prayers and has answered all of them. He has saved me from myself.

I remember being very young and very insecure. I had repetitive nightmares about waves, HUGE waves looming in the distance, getting ever closer and eventually consuming me and everyone else in their path. I would always survive in the dream to witness the aftermath, the destruction, the ruin. I tried for many years to understand these dreams. It wasn't until I really let go of all of my worries and anxieties that the nightmares stopped. I realized that I wasn't living my true, authentic life. Life was happening to me. Life was crashing into and over me. I wasn't rising above anything but rolling over and over and under, out of control. I was out of control.
Those dreams turned out to be quite prophetic with the tsunami's (real and imagined) that would happen in my lifetime. Imagine my horror when what I had dreamt was being repeated on 5, 6 and 7 o'clock news. It was as if the images were exactly what I had seen.
God uses all sorts of dreams to speak to my heart. This was just one of many. I especially loved the one where I was floating above my sleeping body. This was about a year ago. The hovering me approached the sleeping me and touched the sleeping me's belly. The sleeping me rolled over, without waking up and the dream was over. I didn't know what that one meant until June of 07 (only 8 months ago) when I had major emergency abdominal surgery-a partial hysterectomy. It was a brutal time and I felt like I almost perished with the amount of blood I lost, but the dream...the dream left me somewhat informed and peaceful.

Dreams, visions, prophecies, prayers....the truth is in there and where there is truth, peace will surely follow, so you might as well Rejoice!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Rejoicing is always a choice and a state of mind"

Nicely said, sister.

This is truly set to become a joyful and inspirational blog. Glad to have been here from the start.

Cheers.

Maria Lynn Gattuso said...

Thanks my brother. And blessings to you and your ventures. Keep me posted.