Friday, October 3, 2008

Franken Buddha

I LOOOVEEE THIS PICTURE


...and I love Halloween and Halloween candy, and the costumes, and the pumpkins, and the decorations and especially the kids that come to ring the bell. They get bigger and bigger every year. You see how as young boys grow up, they get to that awkward stage and they can't stand to be in there own skin let alone a costume. You see them coming a mile away with just a little black mask, dragging their feet to your porch with a pillow case to collect candy. They're hysterical.

Not as funny as the little princess I had a couple of years ago. I heard her coming before I saw her. She was all of 5 years old, 3 feet tall with gorgeous, curly brown hair and wet tears streaming down her face. She was with her Mom who probably left work early to pick her up, dress her up and take her around the neighborhood.

This is what I heard.

Little Girl in Pink Princess Costume (tiara and all) walking toward my house ...
"NO, I'M NOT GOING UP TO RING ANOTHER DOORBELL"!

Mother mumbles some encouraging words...

I see the little princess in her little princess slippers now slapping her feet down on each step leading up to my porch screaming...
"NO, I DON'T WANT TO"!

Her mouth was saying one thing yet she's still moving toward the door (typical woman)...I get the feeling she's going to get the candy ... that's the main objective ... but it was the soliciting that she was against : ) (Must I Ask For What I Should Already Have kind of attitude).

Mother pleads again.

I'm at the door now and I want to laugh so hard but I don't and keep my composure. This was great. She was getting ready to have a complete melt down in her princess tiara while clutching a pumpkin full of candy. Ohhhhh. Poor little princess.

I needed to expedite the candy transfer process for her Mom's sake and I needed to relieve us all (the entire neighborhood) from this tantrum. She rang the bell and I opened the door.

She was still screaming and did not acknowledge me - AT ALL.

I smiled at the little princess and said "Hello" and positioned the candy so that she could reach in and grab some and she said "AND I'M NOT TAKING ANY CANDY EITHER"!

I looked at her Mom who was now looking down the block for some imaginary ambulance to take her away to happy land ... just then little princess shoved her hand in my pumpkin, grabbed a huge handful of sweets and shoved them in her pumpkin.

I kid you not.

She never said a word to me.

I said "Happy Halloween".

Nothing.

She turned, started to slap her little princess feet down the stairs yelling toward her Mom "AND I'M NOT GOING TO RING ANOTHER BELL EITHER"!

Her poor, frazzled Mom just looked at me thankfully and I nodded back with complete understanding and empathy. I may not have a daughter, but I am one. Sorry Mom : )

That was the best Trick or Treater ever. The little princess absolutely took the prize.

I wonder if she'll be back this year.

I wonder if I'll even recognize her if she's not screaming.

1 comment:

Lisa Sargese said...

That was a great story! Poor little princess being forced to take candy. And she wouldn't even look at you. Adorable!